Monday, April 19, 2010

Apologies

I would like to apologize to anyone who was offended by my post about Comfort Food Cafe. I have removed the post out of consideration for them and others, but please know that my intent was never to harm them. My blog is sarcastic and snarky just as I mean for it to be. That obviously came off as very rude to some and I apologize for that. I was also trying to protect people who may think that they can trust in something that says gluten free and believe that whoever is serving it must know what they are doing. This is not always the case.

I never spoke rudely to anyone who worked there, I simply asked questions and let them know some things that would cross contaminate a dish. I have actually been there since and they seem a lot more educated on the process and how they are able to cook things and make sure they are gluten free. Obviously if you eat at any restaurant, unless they are completely GF, then you could potentially get sick. I just think it's very important for a place to be well educated before they represent something as gluten free. And I think Comfort Foods Cafe is a great place and does wonderful things for the community. So my apologies to anyone who was offended.